2016 Season Review
The 2016 Buffalo State men's soccer teams reached the 11-win mark for the first time since 2004 and just the second time since 1984. The Bengals went 11-7-1 and made it to the semifnals of the SUNYAC Playoffs, where it lost a tough 1-0 game to Cortland.
Highlights for the 2016 Bengals' season include:
- This was Buffalo State's third playoff appearance in four years under head coach Mark Howlett.
- The Bengals win in the quarterfinals last Saturday was the program's first postseason victory since 1984.
- Sarr named ECAC D-III North Offensive Player of the Year
- Sarr named to men’s soccer All-Region first team
- The State University of New York Athletic Conference (SUNYAC) announced its men's soccer all-conference teams today and recognized three Buffalo State players, including naming Bass Sarr (New York/JREC) as the league's Huntley Parker Offensive Player of the Year. Tristan Myers (Rochester/Webster Thomas) joined Sarr on the first team, and Sammy Wasson (Clarence/Clarence) was named to the second team.
- Return 20 players from the 2016 season including 2015 SUNYAC first team selection and leading point scorer Luke Pavone